It's time to make lunchboxes fun again, while using up what's in the fridge.
- 2-4 slices of your fave Wonder bread
- 200g 'wet' filling (consider whole egg mayonnaise, creamed corn, mashed avocado or light cream cheese)
- 200g protein and veggies (consider sliced ham, shredded chicken, canned springwater tuna or salmon or shaved hard-boiled egg)
- 200g veggies (consider grated carrot, strips of cucumber or avocado, capsicum, iceberg lettuce)
(You'll also need a rolling pin or similar to help you craft this recipe)
- Place bread on a flat service. Using a rolling pin, flatten bread slightly.
- Spread your wet filling over the slices, leaving a 1.5cm strip free of filling along 1 edge
- Top with other ingredients without over filling
- Roll up to enclose the fillings, and cut each sandwich into 3 rounds
- Pop sandwiches into a section of your bento lunch box, or wrap upright in beeswax wraps before packing into your child's lunchbox
(Sandwiches can be made ahead of time and stored overnight in a plastic container in your fridge)